Business process reengineering (BPR) is a very effective method to revitalize businesses with processes that aren’t efficient or profitable enough. Instead of slight adjustments or alterations to what you are doing, BPR will totally overhaul the processes to achieve your goals. Whether you are looking to improve product quality, boost the quality or scope of your services or reduce costs, business process reengineering with Team Wasch is here to help.
Business Process Reengineering 101
Business process reengineering takes a look at your business and the specific issues you are experiencing and finds ways to eliminate them. BPR is similar to business process management, but instead of creating processes from scratch or fine-tuning existing processes, it takes a more radical perspective. BPR is the best way to determine if what you have is working and make over the processes your business needs in order to make them better.
What Does Business Process Reengineering Involve?
Unlike business process management or business process improvement, BPR makes fundamental changes to processes to improve them and might eliminate some processes entirely due to their inefficiency. What could the business process reengineering sequence look like at your business?
- Sit down with stakeholders to consider the problems that exist with your current services, products and processes. Do you have trouble getting a sustainable, growing income at your business? Is there a high user drop-off rate? Are you struggling to attract and retain the customers and clients that you want to attract? It’s important to first start by pinpointing where your challenges might lie and communicating the need for change.
- Ensure that you have relevant partners on board to complete the business reengineering process. Team Wasch and other important managers and stakeholders at your business can all help to outline the path and implement changes. Without buy-in and the right stakeholders and partners involved, the BPR process could be much more difficult.
- Outline which key performance indicators (KPIs) you would like to track. These should be customized to match the changes that you want to make. For example, if you want to improve the quality of the products coming out of your manufacturing process, things like defect rates or turnover could be reliable indicators of whether or not your BPR is working.
- Now that parameters are defined and challenges are identified, Team Wasch can guide you through the process of overhauling your processes. There will typically be testing and alterations to your processes to make them as effective as possible.
- Once the processes are finished being outlined and refined, your business can thrive! We can assist in training employees in your new processes or fine-tuning them in the future as needed.
Benefit from Business Process Reengineering with Team Wasch
Team Wasch understands the challenges of fast-growing businesses, and we know what it takes to get your business to the next level using business process design and business IT systems. To learn more about reducing costs, easing your growing pains and improving efficiency through working with our team, contact us today at 703-407-8020 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.