What Is Business Process Reengineering?
This concept has been around in the business world for over two decades now, and it is a very efficient way to improve existing processes to be more efficient and profitable. Many businesses spend too much time using technology to build something new and inefficient instead of harnessing the power of technology to improve existing processes. Business process reengineering is an alternative to business process management and it remains a powerful tool for businesses just like yours.
What Could Business Process Reengineering Look Like?
The BPR process is a little bit different from business process management or improvement, as both of those processes look at existing processes. BPR looks for ways to fundamentally change the process to be better than before. What could this look like in practice?
- Think about the problems occurring with your existing processes, products or services. Do you have a high user drop-off rate? Are there issues that are preventing your business from making sustainable income? Identifying the problem and communicating the need for change to your other stakeholders is critical.
- Work with an experienced business process reengineering company like Team Wasch. We can help you to assess the issues with your current processes, identify potential methods for improvement, help you determine the best path forward and assist with implementation. The right team is critical to ensure a properly executed BPR plan.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) that will determine whether or not your changes are successful. Depending on what you are trying to optimize, your KPIs could vary a great deal. For example, if you are trying to optimize a manufacturing process, your KPIs could include things like inventory turnover or defect rates. If you are an IT company, support ticket closure rate could be an effective KPI.
- Next, the business process reengineering process will kick into high gear as we reengineer the processes and assess the KPIs in the aftermath. This can involve plenty of testing and alterations as your business sees which solutions work the best at improving key performance indicators and your business.
- Finally, the process will be implemented, and your business can complete training to ensure all stakeholders and employees understand the changes. While business process reengineering can take buy-in and working with employees who are resistant to change, the benefits that you experience will be worth it.
Start Business Process Reengineering with Team Wasch
Team Wasch understands the challenges of fast-growing businesses, and we know what it takes to get your business to the next level using business process design and business IT systems. To learn more about reducing costs, easing your growing pains and improving efficiency through working with our team, contact us today at 703-407-8020 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.